Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I get on here to write the semi-cool things that have happened to me and then I decide I don't wanna take the time. I think I'll do it later, but then I do the same thing the next go 'round. Now, here I am with too many cool things to write and their slippin my mind!

Went and hung out with Rosie and Mavis this past weekend along with Danielle, Jeremy, and Austin. They claim to be from San Antonio but neither of them have lived in one place long enough to really set roots, but San Antonio is the closest to home. Mavis was a chaplain for the Air Force for just about forever so they moved around the world frequently, Abilene being on the of the places. Cool?? YES! While they were there Rosie went through the MFT program at ACU which is the program that I'm planning on starting next Spring. So, we had a lot to talk about! We had some amazing Tex-Mex for dinner and a good ole southern breakfast the next morning! OH! I miss western food!

One of my students wore his camo jacket that said US Army again. It always makes me feel awkward! I saw a women with bright orange hair on campus this week, people don't really dye their hair here so it was crazy different.

Tonight, me and the crew had a 'listening' where we sat around and listened to Jeff Buckley and it was an amazing night. Jeremy and I just sat there talking about life, decisions, what fears we have. It was a good night.

I had lunch last Friday with the guy (Jimmy the Airplane Pilot, whom I call Jimmy Plane Guy) who I met on the plane back from Shanghai to Wuhan who upgraded me to first class simply so he could have an hour and a half of free English practice. Well, after denying getting together with him quite a bit, there is only so much no you can say before you feel like a jerk. So, I finally agreed to lunch which was fine but quite awkward at first. Anyways, Jimmy plane guy called today four times in a fifteen minute time span... uhh.

I miss everybody!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohhh, boy. looks like ill have to be buying a plane ticket to china for a chinese wedding tara. this jimmy plains sounds pretty interesting and quite compatible with you. i mean i think me and you became such good friends because of that time i called you 7 times in 4 minutes, remember that?

Feel free to print up that facebook picture of me and you hanging out, just mail it to him tys, he will figure it out. no way he would keep callin in that case. and if he does i will send him a chinese email.

later tys

Anonymous said...

How many Chinese people are trying to marry you? This guy seems really determined!

You've told us about some weird foods you've eaten, and that you can cook Chinese food, but what're your favorite things to eat there?

The Weeks Family said...

My favorite things to eat over here are the pretty common things which are pretty much made up of veggies and the dumplings. I'm not too picky though...

Jason, I will send all these pursuers the picture of you and me and they FOR SURE will not mess with me anymore!