Thursday, March 26, 2009

Cheapo Fruito

I just went out to get some soy sauce, vinegar, and salt because my students are coming over and cooking dumplings before our English lesson tonight and while I was out getting these things, I stopped by the on campus fruit guy to pick up some fruit for breakfast tomorrow. Anyways, I know how cheap things are here especially fruit but today it just seemed to really click. I bought two oranges, two pairs, and half a pineapple for 4 kuai which calculates to be 58.8 cents. Ridiculous, huh?

That explains why I actually make less money a month than I owe for grad school :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

One of my favorite things over in Thailand was the cheap and delicious fruit I ate for breakfast almost every morning. Glad you're enjoying the same joys!