Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thermal Theory Thursday

8 am - Class.. I hate 8am's, My class and I agreed that 8am was too early and we changed our class time to Thursday at 2pm. Exciting!

10 am- Class... Again, my students weren't scheduled to have me but after learning I was their teacher were extremely excited. One of my favorite boys tried to have a conversation with me before class and his oral English really isn't good at all but he tries so hard that I adore him! Also before class one of my students, Vicki, shared the exciting news that she passed the IELTS exam which the foreign language test that one must pass before being allowed to study abroad in an English speaking country. (it's very difficult to pass) so next December she will go to England! After class my student, Edgar, came up to me and was obviously quite nervous. He told me that he will take the same test in April. While visibly being very nervous he asked if I could give him any suggestions to make his spoken English better, because he "is a shy boy". He said that he knows his spoken English isn't very good and that he gets nervous when he "opens his mouth". He was so precious!! So, we devised some situations for us to work on his spoken and listening skills and because China is a country that if someone does a favor for you, you MUST return a favor. So, he said he will make me a dish that he learned to cook over Spring Festival (the long break we just had)

12 - 6 lesson planned for a long time!! Watched High School Musical 3. Wrote in my Journal. Cleaned my apartment. Read out of the Old Testament (I want to finish the Old Testament before I come back to the States, so hold me accountable!!)

6:00pm - dinner

6:30 pm - group

10 pm - Chinese movie with the gang....

Well, that was my day. I had a lot more free time this after than I'm used to. But, that will change having changed my 8am class to 2pm. DONE!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so cool that you rescheduled your class to make it better for your students! No wonder why they like you so much!

Anonymous said...

i like this whole favor for favor thing, like i did the math tara, you owe me 700 dollars for the favor of me being your friend. think about it, its a bargain, i tell you all my problems, i send you at least 1 unintelligible facebook message a week. and sometimes i even offer you my misguided advice on skype.

The Weeks Family said...

Jason... no sir

Anonymous said...

:-(