Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Teaching: Day Two



Official day number two back to teaching... but my first day with classes! Today I taught Daniel's freshman who are headed to the Philippines in March (I have them tomorrow as well). We played a few games to get them used to speaking English in front of me because they were really nervous having a different foreign teacher, especially the boys! They are more advanced than the freshman that I had last term which makes it a little more fun for me!

Stephanie and her friend Amy came over for dinner tonight. My Chinese cooking got their approval!! I was excited about that! The two of them went to a bakery and bought a cake for dinner tonight! You really buy cakes for special events! (the cake had a cow on the top made out of whipped cream!) They are so sweet!! We had dinner, I let them look through my new English books that I bought and read over Spring Festival (I read ten books in one month), and then I called my dad and let them talk to him to practice listening to another English speaking accent (my dad's accent is getting more and more southern the older he gets). I love those girls! Oh yeah, Stephanie gave me ham as a present.. some kind of ham in a bag. I'll try it out later and tell you about it.

2 comments:

Robert2007 said...

When I think of what to get Tara, I definitely think ham in a bag

Anonymous said...

you know, if someone bought me a cake with a cow on it, that would mean something to me. i believe i would cry, tears of joy.

as a matter of fact, i hope at some point in my life someone shows up at my door with a cake with a cow on it. i would write about that day in my journal.