Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Back to Classes: Day Three




Wednesday: Day Three of Classes

Woke up early this morning for no good reason... Got up had some cereal, got ready for my classes. Went to class at ten with my new freshman and read an American short story with them that I assumed was going to be extremely over their head but I wanted to push them and see what they could handle and I was very surprised and happy to learn that it wasn't extremely over their head, just a little over their head! Ha, it went really well. So, after reading this short story with vocabulary that they have never heard of in their life I broke them up into groups and we did some group discussion.

I had my sophomores at two which was great. It was the first time I've seen them since I've been back and their schedule told them that they had a different foreign teacher, so when I walked in some of them got really excited that I was their teacher again and that always makes you feel good! I gave them kind of a lot of homework so we took it easy in class. After wards they had to stick around for forty minutes for a meeting so I stuck around with them (specifically one girl, Tina) and we talked about our breaks and what we did. And then all my old freshman started walking through the door! I didn't realize how much I missed them until I saw them again! I went over and talked to my favorite ones (yes, I had favorites! They were the nice ones that try really hard...) and they were really upset that they didn't have me again. That felt good too!!

Went home for about two hours and then I was off to my tutoring job. It used to consist of three five year olds and a barely four year old. WELL!! Today it was the regular four, another three year old, another fiver, and a seven year old!! How do I teach a range from three to seven!!! One doesn't listen and the other is a genius! Anyways, it was loads of fun and I taught them the names of clothes and I had them put all my clothes on, it was sooo fun!!

2 comments:

Andrew Hill said...

You are a great teacher!

Anonymous said...

you know what tys if you were my teacher i would be excited as well. excited and confused cuz I would be like hey why are you my teacher and why am i in a classroom? whats going on, actually the initial excitement would then lead towards questions, although it would probably be a dream where you were a teacher for me, you know sometimes you have those dreams where you have to go back to high school. the high school calls you and says you actually failed something and so you have to go back, and everyones like who are you a teacher? and you have to say no i am finishing a class that i didnt know i failed way back in the day.

ive gotten a little off topic here but these kids are good and smart. smart because they like you as a teacher, and good because they are smart.