Monday, September 22, 2008

My first official sickness!

After an entire weekend of American food when your stomach is on a Chinese diet, you gain a stronger relationship with your toilet. Monday morning around 5:45 I woke up and became best friends with Tootles (that's my toilets new name). After around an 1 1/2 to 2 hour chit-chat with tootles I was ready to begin my day...

I was a little afraid to eat Monday because I figured tootles was a little tired of me so around 9 I had a tiny granola bar, not really much. Around two o'clock I had to take a 45 minute bus ride to the police station to get my residence permit. It was me, Daniel, Danny (my waibon), Paul & Janina (the German foreigner teachers). The whole time I was at the police station I had a headache, my stomach hurt, and I just felt awful. Around 4 we left back out into the raging heat of Wuhan! When we made it to the bus stop, my head got cloudy, I couldn't hear anything, I wanted to throw up, and Paul said I looked pale. I knew I was about to pass out and I've never felt that way in my entire life! Danny, Daniel, and I took a cab back to school. When we got back around 5 I went straight to bed and woke up around 8.

So, there is my first bout of sickness in China. One down, I'm sure quite a few to go!

2 comments:

The Boyd Gang said...

Hope you are feeling better! It really stinks when you have to become such good friends with your toilet!

Katie Graves said...

Hope you got my email! I miss you too! And I really hope you feel better soon! I've been trying to keep with all of my friends that are abroad through their blogs, I really just need to take a few hours each week to do this. Its great to live vicariously through all of my friends until I go abroad next year!