Monday, December 29, 2008

Family

I just walked up the lonely tiring stairs after watching Jeremy's family leave and I'm amazed at how quickly you can become attached to people. They were seriously a breathe of fresh air. Austin (Jeremy's youngest sibling) was sarcastic and funny which fit in perfectly with me and Danielle, Allison (the middle child and only girl) was hesitant about everything new which completely reminded me of my first days in China. And Jeremy's mom was just Mom. She was so loving and funny, I just soaked up having a mother figure around again. Man, I already miss them and they've literally only been gone for about five minutes!

2 comments:

Perez said...

Isnt a curious thing how certain circumstances influence us to become so attached? especially when it comes to family? I could sit here and ask therapy questions like, what is it about the circumstances that influence such attachment, or, what is it about the family that provokes such attachment, but im not going to pursue that. Instead, I want to tell you, Taraboo, that I admire you. I admire that you have the humility to admit where you are, and im not speaking of location. So, thank you for sharing. I appreciate it and encourage more of it. =)

Melissa Engman said...

I was wondering if your folks are planning a trip to China while you are there. What an opportunity! They have their own personal tour guide and a place to crash. I would jump on that!