Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving, etc.

Thanksgiving!!

My first big holiday in China has now been written in the history books. And I think it was quite a success. The actual day of Thanksgiving didn't consist of anything too special besides a big lunch with the five foreigners that I basically live with. We did have some amazing pies though, thanks to Laurie. But, Saturday we had a large foreigner get together for a big Thanksgiving feast that many people from out of town came to. And as you all know, it's really nice and refreshing to be around new faces and personalities. I met a lot of new people and made some new friends and connections. But, most importantly... I ate some pumpkin pie! It definitely isn't Thanksgiving until the pumpkin pie has past through my lips! Secondly, I had mac-n-cheese!!

I tutored my five year old kiddos today and it went well. They learned a new color, letter, and some more household items. We played red light green light which they learned last time and the new game for today was duck duck goose! It was funny teaching them the different animals before we played because a duck and goose have little differences in the eyes of a five year old. Especially one who probably hasn't seen either animal. New update, went from 11 five year olds to 4, now back up to 8... killing me...

p.s. if you actually read my blog can you leave a comment or email me something about it. I feel slightly awkward putting some of my life out there on the internet and if it's not doing it's purpose to keep people updated... I may throw it out the way-side. Thanks!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

a fish eye? really???

don't stop writing! i love reading your posts! especially now that i don't have a job to keep me busy during the day ;) love you!

-rachel

LDH said...

If you stop blogging I will have no reason for using the internet. Please don't stop! I enjoy reading about your Chinese adventures!

I love you!

Laura

Anonymous said...

tara i just typed an extensive comment, but your blog devoured it.

but to paraphrase, DONT YOU DAAARE get rid of this blog, If I don't know what you are doing then i get upset, LITERALLY upset, so unless you can guarantee me that you will email me several pages worth of updates every other day I will expect this blog to EXIST.